ISME PRE-CONFERENCE SEMINAR 2020: Special Music Education and Music Therapy
- Date: 29 July - 1 August 2020
- Location: Helsinki University City Campus, Helsinki, Finland
- Seminar is hosted by Music Centre Resonaari and University of Helsinki.
- UPDATE 25.5.2020: The pre-conference seminar will be held as a virtual event. Details will be updated soon!
MUSIC FOR ALL, MUSIC WITH ALL - Equity and diversity in special music education and music therapy
The Commission’s pre-conference seminar focuses on equity, diversity and inclusion with particular reference to special music education and music therapy. Its purpose is to advance practice, research and theory, as well as to promote interdisciplinary dialogue between practitioners and scholars in the wider field of music and health.
While retaining the overall conference theme at its heart, the Commission pays specific attention to contemporary pedagogical practices and curricula for people with special needs; therapeutic interventions and applications of music within diverse settings within and beyond special education; socio-cultural and interdisciplinary perspectives on music practices for promoting people’s health and wellbeing.
- Call for papers is open. Deadline for submissions is November 19th at 15:59.
- Registration for the pre-conference seminar will open in January 2020.
For more information, please visit the official pre-conference seminar website.
© Resonaari – HelsinkiMissio. Site updated 25.05.2020.